transfer to us
choose foster wales blaenau gwent
Foster Wales is not-for-profit. We are about people. Our purpose is to support and empower foster carers and build the brightest possible futures for local children – not to make profit.
We’re part of the wider Foster Wales team – a national collective of all the Local Authority fostering agencies in Wales. This means that if you’re fostering with your Local Authority, you’re already part of the Foster Wales team.
If you are an existing foster carer and you not foster as part of your Local Authority yet, you can transfer to Foster Wales.
benefits of fostering with local authority
Every child and young person in need of foster care becomes the responsibility of our Local Authority here in Blaenau Gwent. So, we work hard to understand and determine exactly what each child needs, as well as every foster family.
We prioritise keeping children in the local communities they know and love. We can do this because as a not-for-profit organisation, all the funding we receive goes towards the service we provide and nowhere else.
Your role as a foster carer will be packed full of perks and rewards, because we offer not only outstanding support and guidance but also a competitive package of finance and rewards.
what we offer at foster wales blaenau gwent
- Generous financial allowances. For example, if you foster two young people aged 13 and 16 with Blaenau Gwent, you will receive a minimum of £543 per week. Read more about foster carer pay here
- Guidance, support and training from My Support Team (MyST) – an effective alternative to residential care for children who are looked after with highly complex needs
- High levels of dedicated support for you, and an individual social worker for each child
- Direct access to specialist psychological support.
- Special support for children experiencing any difficulties within education
- Mentoring from other foster carers, and a local foster carer association group
- A range of learning resources including e-learning, podcasts, reading materials and workshops
Read more about support and rewards here.
“One thing that stood out to us about our local authority team is that everything they do is in the best interest of the child. They’re not doing any of it to make a profit.”
-Laura, a local authority foster carer
how to transfer to us
The process to move from your current fostering agency to the local Authority is straightforward.
In our first chat we will talk openly about how the process is going to work for you. As you are already in the fostering world, the process is going to be specific to your circumstances.
We want to know how we will best support you going forward, identify any needs and make sure we know you inside out for future matching, so at each step, the experience will be unique to you.
To find out more, download our transfer guide available below.
get your transfer guide
Click on the button below to receive ‘Transfer to Us’ guide which includes more information on benefits of transferring to us, how the process works and why you should transfer to Foster Wales Blaenau Gwent.
let's chat about transferring to foster wales blaenau gwentFamily Resource Centre, Beaufort Road, Ebbw Vale, NP23 5LH Call 01495 357792 or 01495 356037